Topic: Fertility North Clinic Costs

Fertility North
At Fertility North, we believe in providing a quality service to all of our patients. As part of this commitment we have structured our fee schedule to minimize out of pocket expenses for our patients.

Fees current as of 1st August 2010

Fertility North
At Fertility North, we believe in providing a quality service to all of our patients. As part of this commitment we have structured our fee schedule to minimize out of pocket expenses for our patients.

Treatment                                     Initial Costs                    Out-of-Pocket (after Medicare Safety Net rebate)

ICSI                                        From   $6585.15                   $1265.00

IVF                                        From   $6062.40                     $1178.00
Frozen Embryo Transfer : FET          $2367.15                    $824.00

AIH/IUI                                              $1453.80                    $824.00

Ovulation Induction $150.00  Not Applicable

Re: Fertility North Clinic Costs

admin wrote:

Fertility North

Fertility North

Treatment                                     Initial Costs                    Out-of-Pocket (after Medicare Safety Net rebate)

ICSI                                        From   $6585.15                   $1265.00

IVF                                        From   $6062.40                     $1178.00
Frozen Embryo Transfer : FET          $2367.15                    $824.00

AIH/IUI                                              $1453.80                    $824.00

Ovulation Induction $150.00  Not Applicable

Hi I am new to this forum and I was wondering if you would be able to explain a little more about the medicare safety net.... I am due to have IVF in March 2011 with fertility north and I am concerned about the safety net.... If we havent reached our medicare safety net does that mean that we will have to pay the full cost of $6062.40??
How does the safety net work?

I hope you can help

Kind regards

Deaney79

Re: Fertility North Clinic Costs

Hi Deaney79

The Fertility North IVF fee is listed at $6062.40 - The maximum medicare benefit payable is $4420.90.
Your out of pocket costs should be the difference.

At all clinics  there are extra fees for theatre/anaethetist account etc some of which can be met through conditions of your private insurance. Hidden fees can be additional drugs, blood tests and ultrasounds. You need to ask questions about all of these when doing your budget.

Iolanda