Topic: Does anyone know about tracking time in fertilty??

I am on processing for treatment of IVF. My first appointment was seen on 25/10. The Doctor asked me to call her whenever the first day of my period starts and she would tell me what to do after that. She said I would follow a tracking for the tests after period starting. I feel so worry and wonder that what the time for tracking is and what happens if I would not available to contact with her at that moment or could not do what the doctor advised during tracking because I am going to leave Australia for two weeks on December. I've already booked a ticket and I don't want to cancel it because this trip is very important for me. Do you have any advices for me? Thank you very much!

Re: Does anyone know about tracking time in fertilty??

Hi Lynn,

Tracking is usually an easy process to follow and for you to be so worried means that your clinic needs to explain things clearer to you - you need to ring your clinic so that they can give you a general overview of what they expect of you - (blood tests, any ultrasounds, ??medication etc) and also ask them who will be available to provide information about the next step - it usually tends to be nurse co-ordinators who do this.

Let the clinic know about your trip away from Australia and they should be able to tell you if it is reasonable to commence treatment in the cycle or whether it is better to delay. Ultimately it is a decision between you and your doctor.

Best of luck.

Iolanda