Topic: Kalgoorlie

Hi All

I am also new to this site.
I live in Kalgoorlie, and have been here for nearly 12months. I have a couple of questions, if anyone can answer I would be very grateful.

I am 30 at the end of this month, and I had my tubes cut and clipped after the birth of my last baby, when I was 24. Before this I used to get pregnant very easily, hence the reason for the tubal ligation. I have divorced my husband since then, and due to an ugly time, the courts have given him custody of our children. I still get to see them now and then, and have telephone contact with them very regularly - The live in Ipswich in QLD.

I have been with my new partner for 3 yrs, and we are wanting to have children of our own, probably in the next few years.
What would be better for me to do - a tubal reanastamosis, or go down the IVF line???? either way doesn't bother me, accept for the whole contraception thing, if I get my tubes put back together.

Also, where would be the best place for me to be referred to, considering that I live in Kalgoorlie?

I have been doing a fair bit of reading and research on the internet..... and haven't found too much about fertilised egg transfers. My partner and I have both got very good jobs, and I realise that we would probably have to go to Perth for all of our treatment. Is there any way that the clinics would transfer 2 or 3 eggs at a time. We have spoken about this at length, and both of us would be happy to go through a multiple pregnancy.

For anyone else out there reading, and they are considering having their tubes cut.... think about it alot before you go through with it, I regretted it as soon as I came home from the hospital with my baby, and it was a decision that was asked of me as I was waiting to go in for my emergency c-sec......

Cheers
C

Re: Kalgoorlie

Hi minibugz,

Dr. Barney McCallum is Kalgoorlie's consultant gynaecologist. He would be a good place to start to get your fertility issues evaluated and he will outline the treatment options with you. He will also link you into the appropriate WA Fertility clinic in Perth. He will also talk about the pros/cons of multiple embryo re-placement and why IVF clinics overall tend to start off with single embryo transfers.

Good luck.
Iolanda